Finding the right day to get married
Chart data: Male – Born March 8, 1967
17h 40 in Bombay, India (corrected to 17h 50)
Krushna s Ayanamsa: 22:23:16
The following questions will be discussed in Lessons 33, 34 and 35:
- When did the native marry?
- When did the conception of his children occur (native has one male and one female child). We will also look at his wife s chart in Lesson 34, to get a better idea of what s happening.
- Does this person have his own business or does he have a job related to service ?
- Why did the native face troubles (cash-flow) since 1999 and is the situation improving now. What is foreseen for the future?
Evaluate the chart by looking at the following:
- Look at the position of all the planets.
- Find out if there are any zeros in the SAV points (this chart has 1 zero for Saturn in the 9th house. See Fig.1).
- Look at the SAV points for the 1st house (here, it is 27 points).
- Venus is in Pisces at 23 05, conjunct Saturn. It s in the 7th navamsa sector of Jupiter s sign (Pisces) and in Mercury s nakshatra in the Rasi chart.
- Check to see if the native is not mentally retarded. Usually people don t mention it. Generally, a mentally retarded person is seen through the 3rd lord in the 4th house or residing with the 4th lord; the 5th lord makes a 6:8 or 2:12 combination with the lagna lord; the 5th lord is in the second and the Moon is being influenced by Rahu or Ketu; there is rarely 0 points in the SAV.
- Look at the relationship between the planets (Sun and Saturn are in 2:12; Moon and Saturn are in 3:11; Jupiter and Mercury are in 6:8; Mars and Venus are in 6:8).
- Look at the points of the Moon s house (31).
- Look at sign the Moon is placed in – Capricorn. The Moon placement can give indications about marital relations.
- Look at the distance between the Sun and Venus (here it s less then 43 ).
Now we look at the delay causing factors
Saturn is the 7th lord (House B) and Mercury is the 2nd and 11th lords (House A and House C respectively). Saturn has no aspect on any of the houses concerned, but Saturn aspects the 2nd house and is in the 8th which is the 10th from the 11th (C). This 4:10 relationship is very important. We know that a planet with low points controls the 4th house. Saturn with only 3 points will have an effect on the 11th house (house C) and will therefore cause a delay. Jupiter is in Cancer in the 12th and in its own nakshatra. Its sight on Saturn can reduce the delay caused by Saturn. The basic delay becomes 24 to 25 years.
We also know that Saturn s sub period cannot give results because Saturn aspects House A and planets aspecting any one of the houses A, B or C, cannot give results unless they are Lord of D ( LOD) or Lord of E (LOE), or acting as samdharmi (SD) to another planet.
Mars and Moon are LOD and LOE and Mars is powerful by getting points from the Moon. It has 25 points in the Worksheet. But Mars, even if it is LOD, cannot give results because it in the 12th position from its own house.
More considerations about delay:
- Remember the 4:10 rule. Here, Saturn with low points (3) in the 8th house, will control the 11th (house C) because it s in the 10th from the 11th.
- Planets in the navamsa of Saturn cannot cause delay. Saturn has no effect on them.
- Jupiter, either exalted or debilitated, checks the delay of Saturn by aspect only and not when it is with Saturn in the same sign, in his navamsa or nakshatra. Note nevertheless the following cases where Jupiter cannot check the delay of Saturn:
- Jupiter in nakshatra of Saturn
- Jupiter in navamsa of Saturn
- Jupiter in sign of Saturn
- Jupiter in Libra, were we know that it is spoiled for marriage
- In India, a proper muhurta or transit of the Moon is also considered.
- When the lords of the 1st and 9th houses have a 5:9 relationship, the delay is nullified. This is because this 5:9 relationship indicates the influence of the father in this matter. It means that the father arranges the marriage, or the marriage has the blessing of the father. This is the case in this chart. Sun and Mars are in a 5:9 relationship. Other houses are not considered for this matter, only the 1st and the 9th.
In summary we can conclude the following:
- There is a full delay due to the fact that Saturn aspects house A. Saturn is himself the Lord of B and in the 10th from the 11th with low points and influencing House C.
- Jupiter aspecting Saturn reduces the delay to moderate.
- One zero adds 10% to the delay.
- A 5:9 relationship between the 1st and the 9th lord nullifies all delay.
Look at other sub periods to find out which one can give results
Rahu represents Mars and Venus
Note that Mars is the 12th lord from the LOD. Although Mars has the highest points, (25), for the 7th house (see below), it will not act because of its status as the 12th lord from his own house. Venus has only 1 point for marriage (see Fig. 4) and Rahu subperiod falls during this delay period.
Jupiter is in the 12th, in House E with 6 bindus (see Fig.5) and thus eager to give results. Jupiter also has good points (18) in the worksheet for the 7th house focus. (See Fig. 4 ).
Selection of the proper 1/3rd sector
The LOD and E and any planets situated in those houses are eager to come forward to give results. Jupiter is in House E so he will try to come forward on the first 1/3rd of the sector. But since there is one zero in the SAV points, (see Figure 1), the results will be delayed until the 2nd sector.
Jupiter’s antar period (Ju-Ju) runs between March 2, 1991 and April 20, 1993. Each 1/3 sector is 8 months and 16 days long, so the second 1/3 sector starts on the 18th of November 1991.
March 2, 1991 to Nov 18, 1991 – – -1st Sector
Nov 18, 1991 to Aug 4, 1992 – – – – 2nd Sector
Aug 4, 1992 to April 20, 1993 – – – – 3rd Sector
Mercury, LOA and C has good strength for the 5th (18 points) and for the 12th (13 points), (see Fig.3), but his antar period (Me-Me), comes very late around age 59.
Selection of the proper Sun transit
Write down the strong significators. Here we find Mars, Mercury and Jupiter. (see Fig.4) Look to see where these significators might appear together in a sign and look only in the proper 1/3rd sector under focus. In this instance, this period runs from November 18, 1991 until August 4, 1992 for the 2nd sector.
We also should take into consideration the Muhurta or the transit of the Moon on that special day. The Moon, in order to be benefic should be in an upachaya house. On the day of the marriage, the Moon was in Gemini, in the 11th house. (This Moon transit only applies in India.)
The native married on November 24, 1991
Continue on to Lesson 34 to see the chart of his wife and how it ties in with his chart and their marriage date. It will also discuss timing for the conception of their children. In Lesson 35, the topic of his job and income levels are discussed and how to look for these specific events in the chart.