There are many times when charts come to us as a Blind Analysis, where we have to try and figure out what happened on such and such an event date. The following set of procedures should be learned and followed and with a little practice, one can perfect their analytical skills to a remarkable degree using Krushna s Ayanamsha.
Event for the Given Date
- Cast the chart for the person using his date of birth, place of birth and time. Don t forget to apply Krushna s Ayanamsha ONLY. This is the most important rule, because the results will be more accurate. I recommend this ayanamsha for any system for better results.
- Find the Vimshottari Mahadasha and the Sub Dasha.
- Find the Main period Lord and the sub period lord on the date of the event.
- Find out which houses have lordship of the main period lord (the Mahadasa lord). Also find its Samdharmi. The result is generally linked with the karaka (the significator) of the main period lord or its samdharmi. It can also represent the house where it is situated.
- Find the house(s) that the sub period lord rules and the house where it is situated. The sub period lord generally gives the results of the 4th or the 8th house from the its own house position or the 4th or 8th house from its situation. If any planet aspects houses A,B or C, then its samdharmi will give the result of the event.
- Look at all the houses for which the sub lord can possibly give the result as well as the karaka (significator) related to the main lord by using House B as a sort of dial in which you move it around the chart and interpret the subsequent Upachaya patterns (Houses A, B, C, D and E) from different viewpoints.
As an example, we will take the case given as Exercise 5(also known as ABA 1, referred to by Mr. Ron Gaunt). This is a chart of a female. Her birth data is as follows:
April 6, 1975
Time Zone: -5:30 (IST)
India (17N42, 74E00) Ayanamsha is 22:29:21
Lagna should be 2 PIS 58.
She married on the 28th of June, 1997. What happened in her life on June 27th, in the year 2000?
The main dasa period running on June 27, 2000 was that of RAHU. Its sub period was the MOON. As you can see in the above chart, Rahu in the Rasi Chart is situated in the 9th house which is House A for the longevity of the husband. The Moon is situated in House D with 6 points and becomes eager to give the results for this event.
Since the Moon is the sub period lord it can give the result if we focus House B on the 8th, the 12th, the 2nd and the 6th houses and look at the various relationships of the Upachaya houses to each other. Remembering that the 8th house lord from any house is known as the Natural Karaka of that house, we can see that for the 8th house, (Libra), the karaka goes to Venus; for the 12th house(Aquarius), the Karaka is Mercury; for the 2nd house, Aries, the Karaka goes to Mars or Rahu; and for the 6th house of Leo, the Karaka is Jupiter. The Main period Lord of Rahu represents Mars here so only the 2nd house is being taken into consideration.
The Moon and Mars are natural Samdharmi, meaning that their house rulers are naturally 4 houses away from each other. (look above at the 2nd and the 5th houses). They can give results for each other, but since the sub period is the Moon, it will take first preference over Mars for that result.
The 2nd house represents the family, the death of the husband, etc.. Now, considering family matters, the Moon is a weak significator for these things, including the longevity of the husband.
On the day of the event, the Sun was transiting the sign of Gemini, which is ruled by Mercury and in the constellation of Rahu, which is situated in the 9th house of the husband s longevity, bringing the focus to this particular area of the life, as Rahu is the Main Mahadasa lord.
If we re-focus house B on the 8th house, we will notice that the Moon rules House D and will be eager to give results for this area of the life which focuses on longevity.
If we re-focus House B on the 12th house, we will notice that the Moon (the sub period lord) rules House E , who is also eager to give results for this area of the life, dealing with losses.
We can take this to mean that in the Moon sub period as the lord of the 5th in the Rasi chart, results can be linked to the 8thand the 12th houses of loss and sorrow.
Studying other factors, the Natural Karaka of marriage is Venus and it is in Krittika, which spoils the marital happiness. Its position in the 2nd house is also bad.
Mercury is more powerful for marriage as it receives points from Saturn from the 4th house, but in spite of that, it has nothing to do with this current period.
So it can be assumed that in the Moon sub period, it will be bad for the longevity of the husband and we can surmise that she will either separate from her husband during this time period or he will pass away. As it happened, the husband passed away on this date, very suddenly and unexpectedly due to a brain hemorrhage.
Similar analysis procedures can be followed using any blind chart.